Tuesday, September 23, 2008

NAME DROPPING

3 weeks into this Kindergarten adventure and Rylee can name a few of her classmates. Their names are always prefaced with a description. There's denim dress Kayley, white hair Charles and the ever popular picky-hair Jack. Hmmm, sounds oddly familiar. Although I don't know the names of the other Moms dropping little people off at school, I do have their descriptions down pat.

There's Trendy Mom...with her fabulously toned body poured into her sleek yoga gear. You've probably seen her at your school too...perfect ponytail positioned just right out of her ballcap, with the brilliantly white happy smile and dark sunglasses.

Then there's Crunchy Granola Mom...with that straight, long hair down to her bum. You just know her kid has hummus in her lunch.

There's the Babysitter Mom...pulling a wagon load of littles who don't belong to her.

Then there's the mom whom I've dubbed the Avon Lady. Classically dressed in a tailored suit with nylons and heels. Impeccable makeup every freakin' morning!! And the hair...oh my word, the hair...honestly, it looks like she just stepped out of the beauty parlour...at 8:45 am?! This one looks like she's always ready to whip out the latest lip colour and perform a makeover right on the spot. She's been eyeing me up real good! lol

I'm probably described as Sloppy Mom. You know, jeans, sneakers, old white hoody with little bits of someone's breakfast on the sleeve and shoulder...not always mine either. Not yet showered, hair up in a bun....now if only they knew I was wearing Lyle's boxers....wonder what my name would be then?

7 comments:

PennyWolfe said...

LMAO!

Every morning I walk Lucy to the bus stop I see the "other" Mom's. I'm the only one actually outside with their child. The other two Mom's get the advantage of having the bus stop in front of their houses so they stand in their doorways in their pajamas, sipping their coffees. I don't have names for them, but I am jealous of them. After all I am showered, dressed and it is 7:45 a.m. I had it too good for too long, didn't I???

Unknown said...

Thats WAY too funny.....

I think that you would be called

the most shameful of all... actually spends time with her children mum....

how dare you....now go out get that hair done, and for the love of god...get some granny panties like the rest of us.... lol

You must go to one of them upscale schools...

Here we have...

Paxil mum...you know the one that has that permanent grin that could only be drugged enhanced..

Is that your father mum---who when asked if their father will be picking the kid up and she just shrugs and says "sure"...

oh and then there is the favourite...

I know everyones business, but my own mum....self explanatory...

Rob drops off the kids most mornings...so I am the--- are you sure they have a mum, mum...

but when I do show up...I am dressed just like you Cathy...

PennyWolfe said...

OMG!! I saw Trendy Mom at the Timmie's today. Red yoga suit by Adias and her glasses, well, the frames were the exact same red (kind of cranberry) as her yoga suit. Hair in a pony tail. Her sneakers were so clean I was nearly blinded by the shine. By the way, they were Adias too.

I felt so inadequate.

:)

TEAM HALL said...

Oh by the way...I was corrected yesterday...it's not yoga...it's pilates! Well, shut my mouth!! lol

Hey Penny, show off the band of your Joe Boxers...inadequate feelings...GONE! lmao

Unknown said...

okay, I do pilates....hanging head in shame...but if it makes you feel better, I look more like a sausage in its casing....

NEVER,ever, worn it to school, but am guilty of the grocery store after the gym...

well it was nice knowing you guys... :)

TEAM HALL said...

....and then there were 2!

Unknown said...

spandex burning party at my place....

forever to be replaced with Joe Boxers...

and pilates will now be known as the torture chamber for the vertically challenged....does that sound more appealing???? :)