Wednesday, September 24, 2008

KIDS, DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME...

It all started with a very fussy little one who would NOT go and play with her sister. I was multi-tasking in the kitchen...which usually means stirring something while watching a cooking show...and now was holding this fussing child on my hip. I offered a cup of juice to the fussy one and that's where it all went so terribly wrong.

I got distracted by Paula Dean and some wild Southern salad...turned quickly to the right just at the same exact moment that Baby J finished her sip and thrust her tiny hand into the air towards her Mama's face for me to have a sip. That's when the searing pain engulfed my nasal cavity. A nanosecond later, I was on my knees, with this now frightened baby on the floor, and holding the contents of what was left of my nostril. Rylee comes flying around the corner and says, "that's blood from inside Mommy's nose." From my nose? Are you kidding? That tiny raptor claw of a fingernail went a lot further in than that...that blood came from my frontal lobe!

Think I'll switch to TVO...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

see....now thats why I dont cook....

sounds dangerous, and you just justified for me that it was...

wahooo...I am now officially off the hook...

hope your nose feels better,

Myah used to throw her head back and nail me everytime in the nose....you would think I would have learned after the first bloody nose and fat lip...

PennyWolfe said...

OOOWWWWWWWW!!!

Damn you Paula Deen. It was that salad with shrimp wasn't it?!?!