Thursday, June 12, 2008

TOTALLY UNPREPARED

For the past couple of days, we've been culling the kids' clothes; sorting by size and season, boxing, labelling and storing. Finally, Little Piddle has grown out of some of her clothes! lol Of course Rylee grows out of her stuff on a monthly basis - it's crazy! Just keeping her in shoes is a chore! They're the size of small canoes right now! lol Anyway, while I was working away, I remembered the very first time I had to do this job when Ry was a baby....I was just a wreck touching each piece of clothing, smelling them....oh brother!!! I wailed the entire day! This time around I'm not so sentimental....but I can't seem to give the articles away either. I know, it's just clothes and they could possibly bless another family...but I can't seem to let them go! Now that I've been a Mom to two, it's hard to believe that I won't be holding another baby...EVER! Eeeyipes! Never...that's hard to swallow.



Okay, so I also came across the baby potty while I was sorting stuff and of course I didn't have my camera when the funniest thing happened. Jayme lifts the lid, puts both feet in the potty, and starts laughing like a hyena. Last night, I brought the potty downstairs hoping she'd do it again and I could get a good shot of it...except she decided to do something else with the potty that I was totally unprepared for. It was 8:30 and Her Highness II was just getting ready to head upstairs to bed when....she starts to poop....every mother knows the telltale signs....anyway, just for fun I asked her if she wanted to sit on the potty. She nodded her head. Then I asked her if she wanted to take her diaper off and sit on the potty like Rylee does. Again, with the head nodding! YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!! Okay, off comes the diaper, she sits down and by golly she poops and pees in the potty!!! We all clapped and cheered and showed her what happened. Her reaction - she clapped her little hands a little bit but she was quite unaffected by the whole event....it was almost like - hey people, I'm only doing what everyone else in the house does!! What's the big deal?? She makes me laugh! Sooooo are we in the potty training season already?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOO, I don't want her to grow up already!! I'm NOT ready!

2 comments:

PennyWolfe said...

I am getting rid of clothes. I love sleep too much to do this again! LOL!! No attachment here. Bye-bye. My emotion comes when I put Lisa in something of Lucys that I have a strong memory or when I pull out something auntie Dina bought. She bought a lot especially large sizes so Lucy is wearing some for the first time. I'm sad that she is missing seeing the girls in them.

Yay for the potty action. I could always tell with Lucy but Lisa not so much. She's sly!!

geminirn said...

YAY!!!!!!!FOR THE POTTY!!!!GREAT JOB!!We we were in China Meaghan had a bit of constpation on day three....she went while i hung her over the toilet and grunted(out of desperation),then pooped once again in the same fashion the next day,wow!talk about an excited and proud mom.....however that was the extent of it??????Oh well,she must have forseen all the packages of pre purchased diapers that were awaiting her here at home...lol!!