Tuesday, May 13, 2008

SIX MONTHS

Yesterday marked six months to the day that Jayme was placed in my arms! She makes my heart melt every time I look at her!! She truly is the sweetest little soul that God put on this earth and I catch myself wondering where she would be...if she hadn't come home with me.

I've rocked you, snuggled into me with your blankie, all safe and warm, loved and content.
And I wonder...where would you be?

I read your books to you and your eyes light up with excitement.
And I wonder...where would you be?

I've held you upright all through the night while you were sick so you could breathe easier.
And I wonder...where would you be?

You wrap your little arms around me and look up at me with those dark brown eyes.
And that's when it hits me...where would I be?


5 comments:

PennyWolfe said...

Now I need a tissue. Well put momma. Happy six months!!

geminirn said...

Happy six months!!Seeing that room sure brings back fond emotions on this end.

Unknown said...

Happy 6 months!!!! I am bawling, that is beautiful....

SandraDee said...

Every time I read these, I start to bawl like a baby....Happy 6 months to the whole family

Mama to 12, so far said...

Absolutely beautiful words! How sweet.