Monday, May 26, 2008

LET THEM EAT CAKE...AND EVERYTHING ELSE IN SIGHT

Well, it all started last Thursday when the first of the 3 birthday cakes was unveiled...and we basically didn't stop eating until Sunday!


Lao Lao had a, let's just say, SIGNIFICANT birthday on Thursday and for the first time in 5 years had her little family all together. My sister Bev arrived Tuesday from Alberta. My brother Mike, along with his wife Lana and his 2 girls Michelle and Sarah arrived in the wee hours of the morning on Wednesday from Alberta. We all had a great time catching up...oh and did I mention eating! First it was Mom's birthday, then we celebrated Mike's 50th birthday, then just when we thought we were on icing overload, Rylee picked out a Scooby Doo I Love You birthday cake for Bev...who turns 48 in a couple of weeks! I am officially caked-out!

Mom and her 4 grandkids

1 comment:

PennyWolfe said...

What a proud Grandma. Now, I'm not sure what birthday she is having but she does not look old enough to have one. A son turning 50...whas she 8 years old when she had him? Cathy, I'd be pretty thrilled to have those genes on my side!!!