Monday, May 5, 2008

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

Yup, it was 8 years ago today that my sweetie and I became husband and wife!!

Our day was truly magical....huge church wedding with 350 guests, 8 attendants, horse drawn carriage, I had the material for my gown flown in from France.....UM NOT! LOL

So how did we create the perfect wedding? Total secrecy and 2 tickets to Las Vegas! We had a great time! We only told one couple what our plans were and wouldn't yah know it....they decided to come with us and get married too! Waaay too funny! First, we had to tell a little white lie to my mother so she'd take care of our puppy for the weekend. Next, we met up with our friends and headed to the airport - giggling uncontrollably the whole way! So we board the flight and wouldn't yah know it...Lyle gets to sit beside the best looking gal on the plane....and proceeds to chat her up the whole way there. I couldn't believe it!!

The next day, the four of us got our finest on and headed down to the chapel at the Flamingo Hotel. Lyle and I got ourselves hitched right by the waterfall, we took some pictures and then headed over to Rhonda and Claude's chapel of choice. Again, we giggled the entire way. Wedding #2 took place, we again took some pictures and then....this dark windowed limo pulls up and whoever was in there was definitely waiting for us to clear the premises before heading inside to get married. (on the news the next day, it was reported that Angelina Jolie and Billy Bob Thornton were married at Rhonda and Claude's chapel, so we decided that it was them waiting in the limo)

In the afternoon we sat around the pool at the hotel and sipped on (okay gulped a few first) very tall and fruity drinks served up in a tall plastic flamingo glass. Then it was time....yes, time to ride the 7 ft. plastic flamingos they had all over the property. It took some fancy footwork, especially after a few of those tall flamingo drinks, but Claude and I were up to the challenge...did I mention, giggling the whole time! What a hoot! We all took a breather and then headed out for dinner. Then the best part of the wedding took place....yup, Lyle and I got to watch playoff hockey. It was Philadelphia vs Pittsburgh and they went into 3 or was it 5 overtime periods?!

So the rest of the weekend, we gambled a tad, took a river raft ride in the canyon and just hung out. It was the best wedding ever!!! And how did we break the news? Well, at the exact hour we were married, we had a package delivered to my mom's house with champagne and a note telling her exactly where we were and what we were doing! Too fun!

And to top off the fun-filled wedding adventure....on the flight home, Lyle got to sit beside a verrrry large, verrry sweaty, verrrry drunk, and verrrry obnoxious woman! And you know what? God and I laughed all the way home!

Happy 8th Anniversary to my best friend in the whole wide world!!

2 comments:

SandraDee said...

If I recall correctly there was just one other person you told...that would be me because I HAD to give you the day off work.....Now just think...what if I hadn't....lol

Congrats to you and Lyle.

PennyWolfe said...

What a great story and what a great adventure. 8 years. Practically still newlyweds! 13 years for us in October. Not to mention that he's actually put up with me for *gulp* 19 years. Been stuck with me more than half my life!

Happy Anniversary. And I knew something was up at the part about 350 guests. Some how you all strike me as the small wedding/run away to Vegas type. :)