Monday, April 28, 2008

RYLEE-ISMS

So we're in the backyard yesterday and some neighbourhood kids were making a real ruckus. Rylee: Somebody is screaming at the park.
Me: Not very nice is it? Do you think her Mommy should take her home?
Rylee: Yes!
Me: Maybe she should get a time-out?
Rylee: Nope, she just needs a sleep.

Rylee is not afraid of or disgusted by anything creeping or crawling. Anyway, as I was heading to the garden....
Rylee: See the big black beetle
Me (thinking - how big?): Where is it? I don't see it.
Rylee: He's gone
Me: (thinking - oh good) Maybe he went home for lunch.
Rylee: Nope, he's in my shirt!
Uh huh, she strips down and sure enough there's a 2" black beetle crawling on her! Must not show fear. Must not show fear.

Friday nights, Big Daddy takes Ry to swim lessons. Apparently, all of the littles in the class were a rowdy bunch this past Friday, not just our lotus flower. However, it is noted that our little swimmer is the instigator! Too funny! According to Big Daddy, she had the group peeling stuff off the walls and throwing it in the pool. They were lifting tiles and throwing them in the pool. They were throwing their towels in the pool. Do you see the theme here? I guess Big Daddy had to intervene several times and even the owner sat with them to try to control all of the hooligans! Saturday morning we were discussing her behaviour at the pool....
Rylee: I did scream at swimming.
Me: You know that's not nice! You do know better than that!
Rylee: I did be nice more than I screamed!
It's all about balance!! lol

On Saturday morning I'm trying to get a few things cooked when Ry and J decided I needed some company in the kitchen. They were right under my feet the whole time and I was getting a little annoyed. Then Ry shows J how to peel all the dried skins off of my cooking onions - all 10 pounds of them. Then the destructive duo moved onto the 5 heads of garlic...leaving a heap of skins on the floor. Unbelievable!! Next they headed to the laundry area and started throwing stuffed animals into the laundry sink...getting them wet. The first 3 times, I calmly stated that throwing the toys into the sink would get them wet...please don't do it! The next 3 times, I guess I must have been a little more direct and stern. On the 7th trip to the laundry area, I snapped!
Me: Rylee!!! Stop throwing that toy in the sink!! You know what will happen!
Rylee: Yup, it will get friggin wet!
What do you do?

3 comments:

PennyWolfe said...

LOL!! OMG. What a sense of humour on that kid!! It must be a Kunming thing. I hear stories from Jan about Lili. Can you imagine the three of them together. Oh PLEASE let them use their skills for GOOD not EVIL!! LOL!!!

SandraDee said...

What a hoot....the things she comes out with....too funny....

Unknown said...

Yes, it must be a Kunming thing....we could write a book...KOOKY KUNMING KUTIES...out of the mouths of babes...

I am crossing my fingers for GOOD...but must admit I LOVE the "devilish grin"....