Wednesday, April 23, 2008

HONOURARY WONDERPET

....we're not too big
and we're not too tough,
but when we work together,
we've got the right stuff
Gooooo wonderpets!


Wonderpets has to be Rylee's favourite tv show. For those of you without littles in the house: Linny the guinea pig, Tuck the turtle and Ming Ming the baby duck rescue lost animals around the world. And this weekend, Rylee became an honourary wonderpet as she helped Big Daddy rescue a little painted turtle.


It all started when we (sans enfants) were coming back from town and old eagle eyes spots a tiny turtle on the road. A truck passes us and almost squished the poor little fella. Lyle busts a move in the CRV to make even Michael Andretti proud - roars back to the spot where he saw him and scoops him up off the road. We change places in the car - I'm now driving so Big Daddy can hold the turtle....I love animals, but not the wiggly kind....must have fur to qualify.


So we get to the house and get Rylee to put down a mittful of worms so she can inspect the little turtle. Big Daddy puts the turtle in a box with some water and....a hunk of cabbage?! Yes, I'm sure that's their snack of choice. Anyway, after some close-up inspection by little people and big people alike, the littlest wonderpet and her Daddy jump into the car to return the turtle to a safe spot. Rylee was soooo proud of herself!!!


My little wonderpet in action:




2 comments:

PennyWolfe said...

Oh too cute!! We too love the Wonderpets. I'm Linny (recently I found out Linny was a she so I'm okay with that), David is Tuck and Lucy is Ming-Ming. Since Lisa's been around, we haven't had to play the wonderpets. Don't want her to feel left out!!

SandraDee said...

I so envy you...My little one days are long since over and I miss them horribly. I can only wish for grandchildren now....