Friday, December 12, 2008

OH FUDGE!

I love fudge! I mean it rates right up there with cheesecake. Oooooh yeah! I've never tried making it myself...until yesterday. It was so simple and ohhhh soooo good and creamy!

MAPLE FUDGE
1 1/3 cups of sweetened condensed milk
1 cup pure maple syrup
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp butter
1/2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)

Combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan except nuts. Simmer slowly, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Stir occasionally until mixture reaches the softball stage - 236 F
Cool without stirring until mixture reaches 110 F or until it feels warm. Beat mixture until thick, add nuts, pour into buttered pan. Allow to set.


3 comments:

The Scavenger said...

Mmmmmmm, looks yummmmmmy. I'll leave the candy making to Liv though, I know my limits.

Chris

PennyWolfe said...

Oh...I am so all over that! I may have to whip a batch up this weekend.

Unknown said...

Sounds yummy....and yeah, finally something EVEN I can make...lol