Monday, December 15, 2008

HEART STEALER

When she finally settles down for her night night, she grabs me with both of her little arms, smooches me right on the lips and says "I yuv you Mommy". Then she falls back on the bed laughing. This goes on 7 or 8 times...or until she feels that I've been sufficiently loved. Usually within 3 hours, with a loud "Mommy, seeps, me, all done", a little frown and signing the words all done, I am summoned to her big-girl bed. Within 5 minutes she drifts off again while I rub her little back. Lately, she needs me another 3 or 4 times during the night. I am beginning to wonder if she's just liking the back rubs too much. lol Yup, I get tired, but how could yah get upset at this little face? She steals my heart!

What a privilege it is to be a stay-at-home mom!
WHEN YOU CAN'T FIND A BRUSH, A POPSICLE STICK WILL DO:

READY FOR KITCHEN DUTY:
EVEN HER SCARF IS BIGGER THAN HER:




4 comments:

The Scavenger said...

I know that feeling. Sometimes I rock Katie for hours before she fall asleep. She won't let anyone else do it either. She is daddy's little girl and makes sure everyone know's it. It's great to be home with the kids, it's a hard job, but it's great.

Chris

Unknown said...

Ah....she is definitely going to be a heart breaker....

Lili LOVES her belly rubbed...I swear the kid was a dog in a past life...

geminirn said...

She is the most adorable little peanut!love the photos she is just to cute!

PennyWolfe said...

The pay sucks but the benefits can't be beat! We always grumble at 3:00 a.m. "she's lucky she's cute!" LOL!! How can you resist them? They grow up so fast and become independant before you know it. But I did have a great Mommy moment yesterday. I was a cushion to two little girls. All three of us, cuddled on the sofa. If only there was someone there to take a picture so I could have that moment forever.