Tuesday, August 5, 2008

TOP TEN TUESDAY

TEN THINGS THAT MAKE ME CRY!

1) Lots of people/crowds cheering for someone - chokes me up when someone is nice.
2) Parades - kinda puts a crimp in my lifelong dream of becoming a clown.
3) Bagpipes - I'm done the minute someone starts honking away on those things.

Now let's put all 3 of those together and I tell yah it's agony! When you have cute kids, the candy-bearers at parades just zero right in on yah too...poor saps, I've scared a few Shriners in my day with the crying bit. Usually if it's a winter parade I can get away with it by saying it's the cold wind in my eyes....

4) Weddings
5) Funerals

Now combine #4 or #5 with a big round of #3 and yah get that "ugly cry" thing going. You know the whole contorted face thing, big choking sobs, whooping and wailing! Real sweet!

6) Gotcha Days or any remembrance of them - another "ugly cry" moment!! Geez, stop scaring the children!! So many mixed emotions on this...feeling so lucky to have your baby in your arms but so sad for them if they are grieving. I always get a crappy feeling too of who got left behind!

7) Remembrance Day tune they play right at 11:00 - real bad news! I got caught in a grocery store 3 years ago when they played it. I was just a mess!! I'm sure the cashier thought she'd have to call security....or at least a clean up in aisle 2.

8) Watching the grandparents with my babies...especially when they start to lose it a little...I mean cry not lose their faculties!

9) When I'm given something special that belonged to someone I loved. At Christmas this past year my Auntie Frannie gave me a note that I had printed when I was a kid. She had hung onto it for almost 40 years. I had an "ugly cry" and I had to leave the room for that one!

10) Just thinking about leaving my kids...which I never do!! I am so fortunate to be able to stay home and raise them myself. I can't imagine having to send them away everyday.

5 comments:

SandraDee said...

And here I thought I was the only person who cried during Remembrance Day - 11am.... I also tear up during the National Anthem, Olympic medal ceremonies, and depending on the time of the month, commercials on TV.....lol

The Scavenger said...

Cath, Stop that crying and hop on a riding mower and bring me a beer and a pizza. hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

TEAM HALL said...

Hey Chris:
Stop fooling around on the computer and get that woodstove hooked up! hehe

PennyWolfe said...

Bagpipes at funerals...that's a big one for me too...

Anonymous said...

"2) Parades - kinda puts a crimp in my lifelong dream of becoming a clown."

Not necessarily. There are lots of sad clowns. I mean, they creep every one out and all... but they do exist!