Monday, August 4, 2008

INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS

Has anyone seen MY baby? Oh this tyke may look like my sweet, happy, gentle baby, but she's definitely been replaced by her wicked alien twin.

Friday night: I was sent twice on a milk run for Her Highness II, all before 2 am. Then she has the nerve to pee my bed at 5:30. I start to question her earthly DNA. I was now up for the day.

Saturday morning: She prances around the playroom with her diaper half off, flings it in the air with her toe, then squats over it and pees. Houston, we have a problem!

Saturday afternoon: Brings some toys to the laundry room and when I kindly reminded her that toys belong in the playroom, stands a few feet away from me and stares right into my eyes. I picked up her toys and showed her where the playroom was. Less than a minute later, she flings a Barbie into the laundry room, stands there staring right into my eyes. Uh huh...sooooo we're going to play this game, are we? This time, I picked up Barbie and alien-child and take both to the playroom. I went back to my laundry, grinning victoriously...I had certainly won the battle. Noooope! Alien-child runs around the corner and RIFLES same Barbie at my feet then stands back (a little further away from me this time), still staring right into my eyes! Looks like I'll have to change battle tactics. I may need reinforcements.

Saturday evening: I am running her bath when she strips right down, does this wild little dance, then steps onto the scales and proclaims "ohhhhh"! I guess they've been watching this household from afar for quite some time! Two kids now in the tub...alien-child stands up and makes a grunting noise. When questioned, alien-child denies the need for pooping. Sits down and makes bubbles in the tub instead. Alien-child yells "toot" and both kids erupt into laughter. Alien-child, with wicked grin, repeats the performance...I will not be drawn into this...I look elsewhere, using my new strategy of seeming unaffected by the behaviour. Until, alien-child one-ups me. ABANDON SHIP!!! EVERYONE OUT OF THE TUB NOW!!! Called for back-up to get Rylee in the shower while I disinfected the tub toys.

The saga continues....

1 comment:

PennyWolfe said...

LMAO!!

I'm sorry Lisa was such a bad influence. She has done the same to her cousin Maya. Will be ever be invited back?! At least know we know what they were talking about. I'll warn David before bath time tonight! :)