Thursday, July 31, 2008

PICTURES

I had the camera out a few times this past week. I missed some awesome shots...but a good mother should run for bandaids ahead of the camera...right?! But I missed some awesome shots! lol

A stroll through the mini garden gave me these:


All I could hear from the kitchen was "row, row, row your boat...":


Rylee said Isaac shouldn't have to sleep by himself, so she got him a few friends:


And the awesome shots and video that I missed:

1) Rylee doing a tremendous dismount from her swingset, doing Mach 4, upside down...I had to get the first-aid kit instead. It was awesome!! She hung on all the way to the ground and didn't even cry! Very impressive! She looks up at me and says "you can't swing upside down". Words to live by...

2) Lying in the dark listening to Ry "read" Jack and the beanstalk. I almost peed my pants.
Excerpt: the giant made a terrible noise like thunder...Jack climbed down the beanstalk and threw his goose...he ran inside and told his mother to get him the axe....one two three, one two three, again and again he swung...twigs and branches fell and the giant was dead....no pillow or comforter was ever made from that goose...they lived happily ever after!
You had to be there. It was a riot!

3) Last night's episode with Little Piddle. Her skin felt like she was on fire!! Even the soles of her feet were hot. I couldn't hold my fingers under her armpit, it was incredible! She's much better this morning...she actually took some medicine...she's still running a fever though. It's definitely her teeth. 2 big fangs on the bottom are bursting through...poor little muffin. Big Daddy held her in his arms next to his chest with that look of concern on his face, the look that says I'm the Protector of this family....it just made me love him even more! I really didn't need my camera....I'll remember that shot for the rest of my life...

2 comments:

The Scavenger said...

Cath, looks like the mini garden is paying off, great looking stuff. I love to grow a garden and eat all that fresh food. Great pics, glad the little one is feeling better. When my kids are sick it just kills me, makes me feel so helpless.

Chris

PennyWolfe said...

Ahh...you make me cry...nothing sweeter than a Daddy's love for his daughter.

Rylee is too funny. Love the part about the goose and the pillows! What a character!