Thursday, July 10, 2008

KINGS LANDING SETTLEMENT

We did a whirlwind tour of Kings Landing Settlement on the way home and it was great! It's a working settlement set in the 1800's. I could have spent the entire day there....
LOOK AT THE VIEW FROM THIS FARM! THAT'S ALL I WANT!!
BIG DADDY AND RYLEE COOL OFF AT THE HORSE TROUGH:
RYLEE PETS A DAY OLD CALF. MAMA COW WAS MAKING QUITE A FUSS!:
RYLEE HIGHLY INTRIGUED BY THE KNITTING SESSION:
QUITE A HOUSE:
TENDING THE GARDEN:
The gal in the picture above and I had an....um...exchange of words let's say. I simply asked "how do you water the garden?". She looks at me like I'm stupid or something and says "we don't, we let the rain fall". I'm sure my mouth fell open and then I said "you mean it either rains and you get crops or it doesn't?" She says to me with a pretty big scowl on her face "it would be highly inefficient to bring buckets of water out here". Then she proceeds to show me how the corn isn't growing very well. Actually it wasn't going to make it!
Now I'm no farmer but I do have a ton of common sense, and if it meant me eating or dying from starvation, I'd be sashaying my big assed dress back up to the homestead to get me a bucket of water for my crops....but that's just me!!!
The second run in with a "lady" happened when we were sitting in the shade having a little rest. This time, a gal was playing some kind of flute thingy. Well, Miss Rylee was in her glory. She had the woman play a few tunes for us and then sing a little French ditty. Well, it was time to get a move-on but this "lady" wouldn't let us go that easy and kept chatting and playing and singing....oyvay. And to top it off, she tells us (while holding onto Big Daddy's arm) that a real lady would hold a gentleman's right arm while strolling, etc. And I'm thinking...listen lady, you touch Big Daddy one more time and I'll be pulling your big bonnet down over your eyes and give yah an upper cut to the flute!!
Did I mention we had a great time there?!?!






2 comments:

PennyWolfe said...

LMAO!! Too funny. Wish I was there to see this!!

PennyWolfe said...

...still laughing at the thought of this daily!!!