Monday, September 3, 2007

Pre-referral jitters

The title was going to read "that time of the month" but all of my non-adopting friends just wouldn't understand. Yes, it's referral time once again....and we finally made it!! The CCAA has matched files up to November 25 2005. Woohoo! I know, I know, 4 whole days isn't much to get excited about...except when they're your 4 days!

So what does one do on the eve of receiving a picture and info about the newest member of their family? Well, I've heard that some " expectant Mommies (Penny)" scrub down their homes in anticipation. Some drink to excess. While others indulge in beans...the dark rich cocoa variety. And here I am trying to set up a blog so family and friends can follow along on our journey to our second little bundle of joy. Big Daddy and Her Highness are cuddled into one big armchair, happily watching a baseball game and chomping on Freezies.

There are lots of little details left to be done before getting " the call" tomorrow. Let's see....
Roam phones charged? Check.
Paper and pens at every phone? Check.
List of questions for our agency? Check.
Champagne on ice? Check.
List of email addresses that we'll be sending baby pictures to? Check.
Remember to inform your husband prior to telling complete strangers on the street? Check. Okay, so it happened one time....in my defence, he was in Japan at the time and couldn't be reached! Geesh!

All in all, I think we're ready. Lyle will go off to work tomorrow just like any other day. Rylee and I will do a little homeschooling, walk to the post office, make some crafts, play in the sand box (or as she says " do some sanding") and have a good time! Oh yeah, and jump out of my skin every time the phone rings!!

Hopefully, I'll have some pictures of our newest Piddle Pumpkin to post tomorrow.
Stay tuned.....

11 comments:

PennyWolfe said...

Walk to the post office?!? Is that within range of your phone system? Can you forward your home phone to a cell phone? Leaving the house may not be prudent tomorrow. :)

geminirn said...

LOVE the title of your blog...lmao!!I have heard a lot about you guys through P&D And am so very excited for you all right now........YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

The Mahoney's
Saint John,NB
lid Dec.19th/05

Kim said...

Hi, I saw your blog on RQ. I think we may have a mutual friend, Deb (mom to Olivia). I live in Tottenham. Hope your referral comes today!

Kim
dd Jillian

Kim said...

Hi, I just saw your blog on RQ. I think we may have a mutual friend, Deb (mom to Olivia). Hope your referral comes to day!!!

Kim
dd Jillian

ps. we live in Tottenham

Linda said...

I love the title of your blog. I was joking with my husband yesterday that he'd be joining the Senior Center before our little one started school. Too funny!

I look forward to seeing you big announcement.

SandraDee said...

I am sooo sorry for calling this morning....lol...Knowing how anxious you are.....

I can hardly wait to see pics of the newest member.....

And I agree with the first post....leave the house...what are you thinking chicklet

Deb said...

Lets see this piddle pumpkin's face!!! Congrats!

Research-China.Org said...

Congratulations on your referral! When you are ready to obtain her finding ad (with a picture younger than the referral photo!) come visit us. You will love the ad, and her picture!

Have a quick trip to China!

Brian
www.research-china.org

PennyWolfe said...

*refresh* nothing new *refresh* nothing new *refresh* nothing new *refresh* nothing new.

I am single-handedly upping your counter. I sure hope you get to post news soon. Mind you then it will be:

Look at the picture, surf the net, look at the picture again, surf the net, look at the picture again, surf the net.

So really I guess it won't get any better. LOL!!

Lesley said...

Hey Cath,

Soooo looking forward to hearing the news - I await with baited breath!!

Love from your cousin - Lesley

Kiy said...

Hey gal! News? Spill it ... the masses want to know! :)

Cheers my friend, Kiy