Thursday, September 6, 2007

IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!

The call came in at 2:57 pm on Wednesday September 5 2007. Lyle took the day off and was here to witness the event. This time around, he actually got the news ahead of all the complete strangers I come across.

Deborah's first words were, " are you sitting down"? Hmmmm....is it better to sit down for bad news or good news??

So here's the good news:
Her name is Jiang Yi Sheng - 99.9% chance she will be Jayme Rayne Yisheng
She was born November 18, 2006
She is in Guangxi - yes that's in China - next Province over from Rylee's
She is living in the Guigang SWI - about 2 hours from the capital city - Nanning

Now for the bad news:
We haven't seen a picture of her and won't until our file is finished being translated on Sunday. I know, we adoptive parents have to have the patience of Job. (For all you non-bible readers that is pronounced JOBE.)

Deborah described her like this:
She doesn't have much hair and it looks to be shaved.
She has rosebud lips
She has very big eyes, looks very bright and alert
She has flawless skin
She looks beautifully healthy

Yes, it was love at first....description! lol When I was writing all the info down, for some reason I couldn't get her name right. I had to ask several times and I'm sure I sounded like a complete moron. Oh, Lyle is nodding his head from the sidelines! Yup, it's official, I sounded like a complete moron....oh well.

Stay tuned....pictures coming soon to a PC near you.

7 comments:

geminirn said...

AWWWW!!!A BIG CONGRATULATIONS FROM SAINT JOHN,NB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your little blessing.

Kiy said...

/raises hand ... one of the complete strangers that heard the news AFTER Lyle. :)

Congratz Cath (and Lyle) .... I am SO excited and happy for you both!

Kiy

Vicki said...

I am so thrilled for you guys... it has been a LONG wait and I can't wait for the pictures!!!

Know that I am going with you in spirit!

Love to all 3 of you!

Vicki :-)

PennyWolfe said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait to see the pictures!!

Penny,

who will continue to hit refresh about 100 times between now and then!!

Kim said...

Congratulations!! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Kim
LID May 28/07 for DD #2

Mendy said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures. We adopted our daughter last November from Guangxi. It is a beautiful place. Here is a link to the Guangxi families yahoo group if you are interested. You may find people that has already adopted from your daughter's SWI. Hoping for a speedy TA.
Mendy Parmer
from RQ
www.groups.yahoo.com/group/guangxifamilies/
If that doesn't work, email me back at cmparmer@embarqmail.com and I will give you info.

Unknown said...

Congratulations to you...Rylee will make a great big sister...

I cant wait to see the picture, she sounds like a doll

Janice