Saturday, September 29, 2007

4 Take-offs, 4 Landings...I Can Do This!?

Well, we finally got our travel date set in stone. We will leave for Beijing on Friday November 9th and return November 24th. I am so happy that it's a direct flight, because I don't fly well. Uh, yeah that's an understatement! I HATE TO FLY!! And there are lots of pictures to prove it....thanks to my sweetie! He finds it rather amusing to see me totally silent, white as a ghost, clutching his arm, holding my breath and with eyes the size of saucers! And that's just at the ticket counter! lol The real fun is during take-off!

Oh but this time he won't be there to witness it and have his little giggle. Nope, that job now goes to my sister Bev, as she has graciously offered to travel with me to get our baby Jayme. She will be my pack mule, videographer, gopher and official hand-holder during take-offs. Some landings as well...if they start that circling business. Oh yeah and if there's any turbulence.

I feel somewhat badly for her. First, she has to fly from Alberta to Ontario on November 8th. Then we'll hop our flight for China on the 9th, and most likely have to fly again to the baby's province the day after that. Can you say jetlag? She also doesn't have kids so I'm sure midnight feedings aren't something that she'll enjoy either. Ohhh, I felt a little snicker rise up there. Maybe she should rethink this fabulous trip of a lifetime, eh? Definitely not the time for her to give up smoking! lol

4 comments:

The Littlest vandercookie said...

You can do it!!! Bev can hang out in the smoking lounge with Mike!

Looking forward to meeting you and Lyle on the 14th...and yes - I am counting down!

S.

PennyWolfe said...

Wow!! You'll be traveling in no time. I look forward to following YOUR journey!! BTW - Loved the e-mail you sent regarding Lisa and Lyle's common "tick"!! You crack me up!!

geminirn said...

LMAO!!!!!!!I can totally relate to the fear of flying phobia,I hate it also.Looking forward to following along during your journey......NOT MUCH LONGER!!!!!

Saint John,NB
LID Dec.19/05

Kiy said...

I used to be, well not afraid - concerned. Until dh told me ... "honey, the pilots don't like to crash either and they hit FIRST!" For some reason, I felt a lot better and now, pfffft, I don't even think about it.

You can do this! I have the faith! Good luck to sis ... those middle of the night feedings are interesting for those of us not used to them (like me!).

Cheers! :)

Kiy