Thursday, September 10, 2009

NEW YEAR, NEW TRADITIONS

Day 3 into the new school year and Rylee is doing great!! We're very proud of her! At the end of last year, I wasn't so sure that she should do a whole school day, but she's handling it quite well. We will continue to pick her up 20 minutes early though, just because she's on overload by the end of the day and can't handle all the chaos of several hundred kids leaving the school at once.

Okay, so on to our new tradition....actually a stolen idea from Penny, but hey I would like to be a memorable Mom too! lol Every day after school, Jayme and I prepare a special "snackie snack" for the big girl. It's been fun coming up with ideas and I'm hoping that Rylee will remember this when she's older.

Yesterday's fare - veggies and dip with a mango smoothie:


The mango smoothie was just orange juice, a banana, frozen mango chunks and some ice. It was a real hit!!

If you have any ideas for "snackie snack" time, please I beg of you, write me!! My creative juices will be all dried up by October, I'm sure! lol

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey, you and Penny are making me look bad over here..lol

I will check back to *borrow* some ideas...

Great for Rylee, I am glad that she is doing so well....

PennyWolfe said...

Hot chocolate with whipped cream (the kind in the can) is a HUGE hit in the winter! Today we had cheese, crackers and an "everything" smoothing - frozen mango, frozen blueberries, blueberry juice, fruit punch, a banana and strawberry yogurt - can you say cleaned out the fridge?!?!

TEAM HALL said...

Hey Janice! You make me laugh...I said "stole" Penny's idea not borrow! hahaha

Come on Penny, I'm expecting some wild and wonderful ideas from the East. Think girl, dig deep for this one. My Mommy of the year award is riding on it. lol