Monday, October 6, 2008

TIME FLIES

Rylee finally got her cast off! Yippee! Her arm was kinda disgusting underneath...a couple of blisters and a ton of peeling skin. She looked like a shedding anaconda. She's supposed to be wearing a splint thingy for the next month, but she's enjoying the freedom too much to put it on. I know she's feeling better because she's drawing with that arm again!

We headed north again right after getting the cast off - man oh man was it cold! Unbelievable! I guess we really are heading into winter weather...time to remove all of the summer gear - from outdoor toys to clothes...let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! Probably get hate mail for that comment!!! lol
I only have one Rylee story to relay this time: Ry had been playing outside at Grandma's for about half an hour undisturbed (remind me to check on her every 10 minutes) and when I went out to chat, I noticed that there was something on my car. I held my breath as I walked around it...there were random doodles and the alphabet scratched into the paint. There was no denying who had done it...she even left her name inscribed into my hood! Black CRV for sale: low mileage, custom trim.
NO MORE CAST:
SIDEWALK CHALK AT GRANDMA'S HOUSE:
CRAZY MOOSE DRAWING:
GRANDMA AND THE GIRLS:
THE CABIN:

LEAVES ARE TURNING:

GEESE ARE STILL AROUND:



5 comments:

The Scavenger said...

Cath, is that your cabin? I love it. I would stay there year round if I had it. Not sure the rest of the family would get into that though. Maybe if I leave them my money they would be ok with it? lol Beautiful place, so peaceful looking. Build a fire and grab a cup of coffee and let the snow fly I say.

Chris

TEAM HALL said...

Thanks Chris: Yup, that little beauty is the original school house to the area built in 1899. It was moved up to our 100 acres, 2 owners before us. It's more than peaceful...no running water, no hydro, just a little woodstove, our canoe hanging from the ceiling and a whole lot of mice & squirrels who are the only year-round residents. lol Little beggars - can't get rid of them!! Oh did I mention it's on a dead-end road that's actually not a year-round one! Ski-doo is the only way in by the end of November. Peeeeeeaceful! lol

Unknown said...

she is quite the little artist....a black SUV, clearly, to be mistaken for a chalkboard.... lol

your cabin looks great...sorry, I am a gotta hear the water swirl after the flush girl....but the area looks beautiful.....

sorry, let the leaves fall and swirl, but NO snow....I am not ready for that YET....Rob bought a snowblower this year....so, maybe a little...LATER...like January...

PennyWolfe said...

Cathy,

As I was driving back from PEI today I couldn't help but think of you. I TRIED to get pictures but a point and shoot out the window of a moving car would not do justice to what I saw. If you were to see our lovely province today, there would be a for sale sign on the house and cabin. It is days like today that make me fall in love with where I am and long for a cabin in those woods just like you have on your 100 acre lot. (Of course like Janice I want the water when I flush too!) Next year, school be damned. Bring the hubby and the kiddies down the first week of October. You will fall in love with NB. I promise!

PennyWolfe said...

Just looked at the pictures again...I am always so impressed by Ry's artistic abilities. There is an art school in Hampton that Lucy is getting signed up for next summer. Too bad you guys weren't here now. It would be just up Ry's alley! Awesome work Ry!!