Saturday, October 13, 2007

Less Than 30 Days!

I'm starting to feel the pressure! I'm cranky, I'm over-eating, I'm fretting over every small detail of this adoption, and tomorrow is the travel seminar.


When we adopted Rylee, I was cool as a cucumber. I just went with the flow. I was naive! This time, I'm preparing for every possible scenario...and frankly, it's wearing me out! I envy the first-timers in our group who are experiencing sheer joy.


For the first time, I'm dreading the fact that Lyle will not be with me. I am going to miss him terribly and being away from Miss Magoo will be unbearable! I made a calendar up for her to put stickers on every day, to track when I'd be home. I also bought her a small gift to open every night with Daddy. Yup, it's going to be really hard...lots of tears!


We interrupt this sappy post for some late-breaking news! "Breaking" is the operative word here.


So I was rearranging the girls' room this afternoon, changing the summer bedspread over to the heavy duvet, moving the crib to a better position, etc. when I noticed that the crib mattress was crooked. I crawled underneath to see if the corner hooks were misaligned...and that's when I saw the real damage! Uh huh, the board that holds the mattress up, was snapped in half. I couldn't believe it! And that's when I remembered this little incident back in May...


4 comments:

PennyWolfe said...

The smile says it all. Give me a call sometime (I'll e-mail my number) and we'll chat. I know EXACTLY how you feel.

geminirn said...

WHAT A CUTIE IN THE PHOTO!!!!!

Kiy said...

Hey, been thinking about you. Just wanted to give a shout out. Are you as nuts as I am right now? :)

/hugs

Kiy (yorkielady at RQ)

Unknown said...

Rylee is GORGEOUS Cathy and Lyle...its been soo long since I have seen her...

Good luck with the crib situation..I cant believe how soon it will be until you go again...

Janice